Saturday, September 29, 2007

i'm happy!

Today was a good day! Haven't had one of those in a while. I woke up around 7:30 because I have this inability to sleep for more than around 8 hours a night. So then around 10 I went to IHOP with the flutes. It's a nice change to not have to worry about getting to school on time and arranging rides for people after IHOP breakfasts, that's for sure. And we can take as long as we want to just talk about whatever...

Then afterwards it was off to errands then Jen's house for section stuff. Or more like it, I just looked at Jen's Europe pictures. It kind of makes me sad I didn't get to go, but that's ok. It's 100% my mom's fault I didn't go anyways. I had suggested we go to the Philippines over Christmas break, so that was the plan, and of course I couldn't go to Europe and then the Philippines all in one year. But then when the time came around to get serious about planning, she freaking decides that we need more time to spend in the Philippines, or more like she, my brother, and my sister need more time. Her excuse? "You have to stay for the winter concert." I told her it was canceled, but she didn't care. What. The. FUCK. So I was stuck at home pretty much by myself since I saw my dad for like 20 minutes a day. I had to cook all of my food or buy it, clean not just after myself but after everybody in the house, on top of all of my other responsibilities. And for the second time, since the year before they did the same thing to me when they went to Australia. I did my mom a favor when she got home and gave her another vacation: one all-expense paid guilt trip. All expenses paid by her, of course, in the form of a PS3 she didn't get me for Christmas that said she would. It feels even better now because I don't have the time to play it (yet), so it sits in the corner looking pretty. I'm sure what I just typed will make me sound like the brattiest ingrate ever, but if you were in my situation, you'd feel the same way. Two almost month-long vacations one year after another, while I'm stuck at home with my dad, whom I don't particularly like? Do the math. Supposedly I get to go to the Philippines when I'm a freshman in college, but we'll see about that. If it's true, I think a major makeup shopping spree is fair play.

Back to my awesome day... When I got home I napped. And this was a great nap, mind you. I usually wake up from my naps feeling totally disinterested in everything around me, but this nap actually made me happy when I woke up. And then I went to church, which I was actually looking forward to. I'm not going to lie, I think church is the longest and most boring hour ever. I don't ever feel mentally engaged when I'm there, unless it was for Confirmation. I wish every mass could be like a Confirmation class. Don't get me wrong, I think I'm pretty strong in my faith, but church is just like... boring. But not today, or at least I had a better attitude about going today.

And theeen I had Thai food for dinner. SPICY Thai food. Well actually I ordered my green curry medium... but it was really spicy. It cleared my sinuses, made me cry, and pretty much burned my mouth. Delicious. Spicy food always makes me happy. Well, spicy Asian food at least. I've read somewhere that eating curry releases endorphins too, which are those chemicals that make you happy. I guess I've had a lot of endorphins today? Sounds like I took drugs.

Now here I am... dreading to do my APEL project. That class is such a joke. A relaxing joke, though. I'm glad I have it first period because there's nothing mentally stimulating in that class anyways. Just a bunch of reading and "analysis" which is basically common sense stuff. Or "questions about the storyline" which could easily be answered by Sparknotes. But hey, it's AP credit and a GPA booster and whatnot. Works for me. Those kids in Brit Lit are working harder than I am anyways.

I'm excited for the Westview Tournament! I hope somebody records RB's and Poway's shows, I really want to see what they look like. Hopefully really cool, I want this year's competition to be as fierce as last year's. Let's hope everybody brings it...

No comments: