Tuesday, July 22, 2008

It's been a while.

My summer has been a big blob of boring with some dashes of excitement here and there. I just feel like I'm one those Jews fasting all day only to stuff their faces when the sun goes down. When will my sun go down? In about 60 days, when I move in at UCLA. Then my boring spell will be dead and I'll be the most social person I've ever known myself to be. I'm getting excited thinking about it already! It's still surreal to me, though I'm getting more and more used to the fact that I'm going to be a college student. I'm already enrolled in my classes, I know what classes I want to take, and I bought most of the furnishings I'll need for my dorm room. But still... the thought of living exclusively among my peers with no family around is so foreign to me, but I can't stop looking forward to it! I just want to get out of here. Even just getting out of this house is hard. Everybody has different schedules and it's so hard to get a group of friends together to do things. I've been trying with one group for several weeks to coordinate just one day to spend together, which hasn't happened yet. Same thing with a different group of friends. We're finally getting to it this week, though!

Orientation was thoroughly amazing. I tried my hardest to be outgoing and get to know the people I was around, even though it was likely I wouldn't see very much of them during the school year. There's nothing wrong with networking, right? I met a bunch of people who were from San Diego, and they were all really cool. That's not to say the everybody else wasn't. Lily and I didn't name that fugly statue Helga von Schlaffenberger for nothing. My orientation group was really chill. It was so easy to open up to them about stuff, especially when we had those deep discussions. I would blog about the whole thing, but it's been a while and I don't really feel like putting down everything that happened. Basically the first day was fun, the second day was very tiring, and the third day was very rewarding. There you go, Orientation 101 in a nutshell.

I can't wait to start getting to know more and more and more people. I'm not looking to be everybody's best friend, though it would be nice, but having a lot of acquaintances in addition to a lot of besties is very appealing. Watching Dorm Life was so entertaining! I'm sad I finished it. I really love the characters. There was the crazy RA, the crazy girl in general, the antisocial Mormon or something like that, the drunkards, the sorority girls, the good boy... I hope to meet people like them in my real life dorm life. Aaaahhh. Here I am looking forward again. 60 days!

No comments: