Thursday, June 26, 2008

Beach Day!

So yesterday was a beach day and it was very fun, I must say. It started out pretty normal. I went to Mesa Verde and started high intensity interval training that I've heard so much about. Supposedly it compacts a long cardio workout into a shorter amount of time. It was more engaging, I must say that. So you warm up for five minutes, sprint as fast as you can for one, then slow it down for four minutes. Repeat, then cool down. I liked it, actually. My timing wasn't that great though since the sun already burned off the marine layer by the time I finished my warm up and it was on the hot side.

I got home, took a shower, then had to vacuum cobwebs in the garage since my mom said my dad said I would have to do it the next day (today). As far as chores go, this one was pretty random, but it was also kind of fun. I hate my garage because it's a mess of clutter and useless crap that my parents have accumulated over the years, but seeing the spiderwebs disappear was at least more interesting than cleaning a bathroom or something. That being done, I started getting ready for the beach.

I haven't gone surfing in like two years, and the difficulty of getting my 8'6" longboard onto my mom's CRV reminded me why. I have to take off the stupid rack things, put on different rack things, put on the surfboard, and yeah. It sounds simple, but it takes a while and and it's not fun doing it in the midday sun. I wish I had either a smaller board (since I'm like 30 lbs lighter than when I bought that board) or a truck so I wouldn't have to deal with that mess. Anyways, Jenny and Heather came along when they were supposed to, and after coordinating with Kevin, we picked him up on the way to the beach. I finally met his mom for the first time, and she totally was not the lady I thought was his mom that I saw at a Wind I concert.

So during the drive on the 56, I look in my rearview mirror and my leash is dangling from the end of my board. I wrapped that shiz but it still came undone. I didn't think it was touching the ground, but after I parked I found out that it was. A couple of guys were telling me on the road that it was dangling, which was a little embarassing, but whatever. Oh yeah, we listened to I Kissed a Girl on the radio during the drive, and for the rest of the day, and today too, it's been stuck in my head. I kissed a girl, and I liked it... even though I wouldn't like it, and you all should know why. :p

The beach excursion itself was fun! We picked a nice big empty spot in front of Tower 6. The surf didn't look too bad to me when we first got there, and there were a few surfers in the water. I went in and it just got progressively worse. Good thing I have a longboard, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to catch anything. I caught two waves. I pearled on the first, which isn't surprising since I haven't been surfing for 2 years. I caught the second and rode it in pretty well, which surprised me. Then I called it quits because the surf was just terrible. It felt good to paddle out past the break though. More and more people came, and we had a nice-sized group. We went swimming even though we were in the surf zone. Apparently it didn't matter since all of the surfers left. There was a whole lot of seaweed in the water, ew. It got tangled around my legs more than once.

The rest of the day consisted of talking, lounging about, and just being. It felt good to be in the presence of good people, having a good time, not worrying about anything. The fact that I no longer, nor will I ever, see these people again on a daily basis makes each get-together much more special. When it started to get cold, we all decided to go chill at Jeff's. I dropped off my riders, put away the surfboard, showered, and followed along. It was mostly Rock Band again, which I'm not too interested in. I know maybe three of the songs on the whole list and I'm not into rock music that much anyways, so that's probably why. If they had like Alternative Rock Band I would be all over that! Even Pop Rock Band. I stayed there until about 9 then got home... I was so tired, but it was a good kind of tired.

Today was the complete opposite. I went to the gym and put in 45 minutes of cardio while listening to new stuff, like I Kissed a Girl haha. I saw Ms. Stewart at the gym, which didn't surprise me since she's a health nut. I just didn't know she lived close by. After that I was just lazy all day and did nothing out of the ordinary, and here I am. Bored again. But tomorrow will be fun! Mall in the morning to go shopping for a present (and maybe new shades?) and then party in the afternoon! I'm excited! :]

No comments: