Friday, June 27, 2008

Cheat Day

They weren't joking when they said the last 10 pounds are the hardest to lose and take the most time. I'm working out, doing both cardio and weight training, often and well, but progress is soooo slow. When I was super obese and I started dieting, the pounds just melted off. Now they stick like gum under a desk. Both are gross.

Anyways, on a brighter note, today was fun! It was my cheating day haha. I never had one since I started my new exercise/diet regimen in April, although you're supposed to set aside one day a week where you let yourself cheat on the diet, but not necessarily eat yourself to death. That would be gross anyways. But I haven't done it before because I'm a very driven person, and I'd rather just head straight on without sacrificing a day, but now I think I needed it. Good thing I got it out of my system.

So I started off with another session of high intensity interval training at Mesa Verde. Sprinting, I must say, is really fun. You know how if you stare at a clock, waiting for one mere minute to pass, that minute feels like forever? While you're sprinting, it goes by like nothing. My huge calves finally come in handy, too. So right after that I go home and see that I have a text from Katrina about going to the mall to get Stephanie's present. Woo! Mall time. I showered, got ready, then left for the mall. When I got there, I was close to the escalator on the bottom floor so I looked at whose F.A.C.E. was there. Jessica's was! I took a picture to send as a picture text to her, but the mall security dude standing by made me delete it. Apparently you can't take pictures at the mall? I didn't know that. Neither had I seen a mall security guy before at North County. Whatevs, no skin off of my back. After Katrina arrived, we looked around Forever 21 for a while. Nothing good. We checked a bunch of other stores too like Spencer's, AE, with no luck. Finally we found some cute and funny shirts at Anchor Blue. One has a picture of a carton of milk saying "Whip me!" and an egg saying "Beat me!" and another has a picture of a broken crayon saying "Oh snap!" We thought they were really funny so we got them. Theeeen it was time for me! Haha. I got new sunglasses and a new earring. Yay.

Steph's party was fun! It's always great to reunite with people I don't see regularly anymore. Kristen, Steph of course, and (Backseat) Becky were there, as well as others. I was the only guy, which didn't surprise me. :]

Afterwards I got home and did some more bad things. Oh well, like I said, it is my cheat day! I'm glad I'm not having those obsessive feelings of hatred against myself that some people get when they "fall off the train" on a diet. At least I know I'm not obsessive about it.

Now I'm bored. What a surprise! I think I'll be lazy and read some more of The Golden Compass. I've only read like two chapters and already it's much more interesting than Eragon was. I felt really disconnected from the characters in Eragon even though I'd normally be attracted by the story itself, whereas I really feel like I see and understand the characters in The Golden Compass. I'm so glad I finally have time to read for fun.

No comments: