Sunday, October 5, 2008

Waiting

I'm just waiting for Jessica to finish getting ready so we can go down to brunch, so... let me tell you about my day yesterday. Umm... what happened first? Oh yeah I woke up around 9:00, got ready, then went down to breakfast at 9:45. I hate how the dining hall doesn't open until 9:30 on weekends. I'm totally a breakfast person, it's probably my favorite meal of the day. For the past few days I've been getting two biscuits with a drizzle of honey. Mmmm. I don't think I could get tired of that. Anyways, after I got that beezy Regan up, we were off to Westwood. We went to Urban Outfitters because she wanted a new shirt for a party that night. I was her fashion advisor, you could say. It was totally gay. I was happy haha.

Lunch was an interesting event. We were going to eat at this French cafe and feel like swanky college students, but the line was really long and the place was packed so we decided to try it another time. We went to Damon & Pythias next... sounds Greek, right? It wasn't. It was just a regular sandwich shop. So we went next door to Falafel King, thinking Middle Eastern food was sounding good just about then. It SUCKED. $8.00 for a freaking sandwich which was bland and/or chalky and definitely gross. I don't see how that place stays in business. I got water in a cup because I didn't want to buy bottled, which was also a mistake. Water should not have a distinct taste. After 3 bites I was done with that garbage, so we went to Diddy Riese instead. A quarter of the price and an infinite times better quality in a $1.50 ice cream sandwich. Chocolate chip cookies + cookie dough ice cream = bliss.

Afterwards I got back and took a nap for a bit... then went down to Ackerman to buy my dinner in advance because I didn't want to get ripped off at the football game again. I was happy because I found that they have my favorite healthy muffins! I also got a Luna Bar. That's right, I ignored the fact that it's "for women". Take that, advertising companies. I don't adhere to the gender discrimination in your strategies. After that I went to line up at the buses because I needed to get an extra ticket because I didn't know you had to buy them by Thursday. I met some new friends in line and we were lucky enough to get on a bus. Boring ride over. Luna Bars are not only sexist but don't taste very good.

The game was exciting! We finally won! I met up with Jessica, Kyle, Vasko, and a new dude, Zishan, but we were sitting much further back than before. The spirit was definitely dampened in that area. I was still cheering and chanting, but it was disappointing after being in the middle of all of the excitement at the last game. Oh well. After the game we piled into Jessica's roommate's car, which was not a good idea at all. My legs started falling asleep and we were all jammed in the back. I got through it because I imagined it was somebody else's arm around me hahaha. Then we went to Diddy Riese... my third time in a day, but I only bought a sandwich once, so yay me. We walked back, I took a shower, went to sleep, and here I am. Hurry up Jessica! Gosh. I'm starving.

1 comment:

katrina rose said...

hahaha aww looks like you had fun [:
i think we should make food that accepts everyone.
i miss you, too.