Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Asian Lesbians

Bruin Bash was totally cool. The first 2/3 of the concert were kind of meh though. I've never heard of the Cool Kids so needless to say I was like whatever. Estelle was better, but nobody knew any of her songs other than American Boy. We went down to the floor before Hellogoodbye went on even though Jessica didn't have a yellow wristband and I took mine off. Thank you, nice security guard! Hellogoodbye was great. A few technical difficulties, but who cares? Standing near the speakers took away my hearing a bit but it's all good. We went right after the concert to Ackerman to watch Eagle Eye, but they were sold out already, and had been for an hour. The movie didn't even start for another hour! That's crazy. So afterwards I just went back to my room and chilled for a while.

What happened yesterday? It was pretty chill, new student welcome which was boring, and new student bbq. Oh afterwards we had a Dykstra Hall meeting, which was fun. Then a floor meeting, also fun. I missed the Heroes premiere, but whatevs. I hung out with my floor, so it's all good! I just checked and I can watch it online anyways. I'll probably do that this morning before I hit the gym. I was never really a cheering kind of person outside of band, but since I got here, I scream my head off everytime we start cheering. Yay school spirit.

I've had some small panic attacks when I think "Oh shit this campus is so huge, where do I fit in?" and "Wow these people are really dissimilar from me... like we have nothing in common at all." But then I remember that of course that's going to happen, but that won't stop me from getting to know them. Plus, there's a bunch of clubs I'm interested and they're certain to have people like me. Lots of people like me, actually haha.

The food here is bomb. It's so easy to eat healthy, too. I love it! I don't have to worry about cooking healthy for myself since my family doesn't eat healthy, I can just walk up and get my lovely stir-fry and tofu salad. OMG they have tofu here. Tofu like fills my life with sunshine when I stick i in my salads. Oh and my roommates and I agreed to always take back a piece of fruit so we can stockpile in our fridge. Speaking of roommates, mine are basically awesome. They're really friendly, diverse, not crazy from what I've seen so far, and really considerate. None of this walk in at 3 in the morning and blast music shit. None of this "I'm going to sit at my desk with the door closed" nonsense either. I think it's going to be a great year!

No comments: