Thursday, September 11, 2008

Two Blinks

I forgot to blog about something weird that happened to me two mornings ago. I was washing some dishes, and I had the smallest of blackouts. It was really weird. It lasted about twice the length of a blink of an eye. I know it wasn't just a blink or something wrong with my eyes, because the microwave was on and I could hear the hum of the microwave go lower in pitch during the blackout and then return to normal. Very strange. I'm not concerned, but I'm just curious about what it was and why it happened.

In other news, today was really fun! I hung out in Mira Mesa with Ria Mae and Martha. First we chilled at Tapioca Heaven and just let our fattiness out. We shared one order of popcorn chicken and three orders of cream cheese wontons between us. Whattt haha. Then we walked, yes walked, across the street because Ria wanted halo halo and Martha wanted to try pho. Pho? Yes, pho. We went to the pho place and it smelled weird. Their symbol was just the Laughing Cow with the cheese earrings taken off hahaha. Then we just talked for a long time in Cristy's. Good times. I like just talking with people. No pressure, just talking about whatever. I'm a little wary because I'll have to limit my personality when I talk to new people in college... I don't want to scare anybody away. Actually no, I don't think I'll do that. What's the point? Being fake and then showing your personality later is stupid. I'll just be me from the get-go. Jessica was right to not like the "Oh, hi! What's your major?" bullcrap at orientation. It was nice because it got everybody out of their shells (well, most people) but it really is fake.

What else happened today? Not much, I just did some more HIIT (that's high intensity interval training) at Mesa Verde after I got back. It really is fun. So here's how I do: warm up at a moderate pace for 4, maybe 5 minutes. Sprint like somebody's trying to kill you for 30 seconds. Jog/walk for 30 seconds. Sprint again like that guy trying to kill you was just taking a breather and is chasing you again, for 30 seconds. Jog/walk for 30 seconds. You get it. After 6 minutes of the sprint/jog routine, cool down for 4, maybe 5 minutes. That's it. A total of 16 minutes max gives you greater benefits than 45 minutes on a treadmill/elliptical at a moderate pace. How do I know? I did the whole treadmill/elliptical thing for months. It stopped working. Earlier this summer, I bought size 30 jeans and said "Ok, before you leave for college, you must be able to fit into these comfortably." Two weeks ago, I started HIIT. Those jeans fit now! Alright now I feel like one of those people who try to motivate lazy people to get up and do stuff. They bugged me so I'll stop haha.

Ummmm... yeah. 8 days. I think my moving situation will work out fine. One of my roommates will be at band camp during the time I'm assigned to move in, so I won't have to worry about 4 people crammed into that tiny room moving stuff around, or my parents embarrassing me in front of my new roommate. The other roommate will move in a couple of days later than me, so I know I won't be stuck with the worst bed and the worst bunk. I will get one of those though, since I'm not going to be a total jerk and leave him with the worst things haha. I either want the bottom bunk or the elevated single bed with the desk below. Yeah, that sounds good.

You know, whenever I get reminiscent about San Diego, and look back at everything that's happened to me here, I don't get sad. I was thinking today that it might be the last time I'll ever go to Tapioca Heaven and Lucky Seafood and Cristy's Bakery, but I wasn't sad. Anyways, I'm sure they'll have better boba and better frozen yogurt in Westwood... plus, even if they don't, there's always Diddy Riese! I'm definitely looking forward to going back there. K I think I'm done.

P.S. I found the softest UCLA throw at Wal-Mart the other day. It was $5. Score.

No comments: