Thursday, September 18, 2008

In 27 hours...

I'll be moving in! I'm so excited. I have 98% of my stuff packed and ready to go.

I had my last lesson on Monday. Thankfully Mrs. Woo wasn't drugged out of her mind like last week. That was really scary and made me pity her. I hate pitying people, because I know I hate to be pitied. I told her how I was just thinking about how vividly I remember my first lesson with her. I remember printing out the directions from MapQuest, having my dad drive me over, then never taking the original route to her house because we found a better one. I remember asking about tone quality, and her showing me these weird extended techniques that actually worked. She cried. Haha.

I said goodbye to my closest friends still in high school today, but I didn't get emotional at all, like I knew I wouldn't. It takes a lot to make me emotional about departures and stuff, because in reality you only miss somebody in theory. In actuality, your life is so busy that you quickly forget that somebody isn't around, which is completely natural. Anyways, leaving the Mt. Carmel parking lot for the last time didn't bring back any real sentiments either, like you would except out of a Hollywood movie or something. High school was great, don't get it twisted, but in light of what's about to happen.. You get the picture.

So tomorrow is the very last day I'll have to endure the annoyance of my parents. Honestly, they never have a clue what's going on. It's taken my mom several weeks to get a computer loan from the bank for my new Macbook. She applied several weeks ago, and then I got a call saying she didn't do it right so we have to do it again. It's been a few more weeks and now she wants to go tomorrow morning. She can't seem to get off her cell phone, either. It's always work, work work with her. She's married to her work. I understand that she's working to get money to support me and all that, but that gets lame after a very short while. What's the point of it if she never spends time with me? My parents barely know me, and they've never made an effort to get to know me. That's a shame, because they basically lost their chance. Oh well. If I'm ever a parent, at least I know how not to parent.

That just brought up some weird thoughts. Will I ever be a parent? Who knows. That answer depends on a lot of things that I can't predict right now. I don't doubt that I'll have that option down the road, but I can't say right now whether or not I'd take it or leave it. Hmm. Very deep.

I can't, can't, can't, can't, can't wait to start meeting new people. I love new things and experiences! There are some things I've deprived myself of these past few years, and that's totally understandable, but I feel like I'm about to have a new sense of freedom that goes above what freshmen usually feel, if you get what I mean.

Ah, well. Goodbye, San Diego, I'll miss you... but only in the way I described above hahaha.

No comments: